MEET OUR SCHOOL bOARD
Tenino School District students receive the great educational opportunities that they deserve. The board meets regularly on the fourth Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. If a board meeting falls on a legal holiday, the board meeting shall be held on the third Monday of the month.
School Board Values and Beliefs
- Students: Every student deserves a high quality educational experience. We commit to encourage each student’s dreams, potential, drive, and skills by providing opportunities to become career and college ready. We will make decisions based on what is best for our students.
- Teaching: We commit to support staff in the rigorous application of research based practice, which should be relevant, engaging, and respectful. All students should be challenged and expected to reach their potential.
- Learning: Each person in the organization should be responsible for their own learning and growth. We acknowledge that each student learns differently; staff will take the responsibility of meeting the needs of our diverse learners. We commit to expanding and improving programs and program offerings to meet the needs of students.
- Community: The board and administration will actively engage with
communityon an ongoing basis to provide opportunities for meaningful involvement.
- Communication: The board, district, and schools will promote positive virtues of the Tenino School District. We will communicate proactively by providing current and meaningful information to all stakeholders across all platforms.
- Facilities: All members of the district community will take pride and ownership of district facilities. The board commits to maintaining and improving our facilities.
- Fiscal Resources: The board is committed to the prudent use of our monies to support students and student achievement. We will look to expand revenue beyond state, federal, and local funding.
Activities and Athletics: The board supports the role that extra-curricular activities and athletics play in enhancing the development of well-rounded students. Students and families will be encouraged to actively participate in athletics and activities. Extra-Curricular
Tenino School Board of Directors
Zone 1: Kasey Crimmins Schiewe, Vice Chair
Zone 2: Ryan Hilton, CTE Representative
Zone 3: Adam Barr, WIAA Representative
Zone 4: Tammy Schroder, Chair
Zone 5: Forrest Bergin, Legislative Representative