The mission of the Student Services Department is to remove barriers to student learning and to help students succeed both academically and socially.
The department has a major role in providing students with necessary supports in all core academic areas as well as in behavior through the district-wide implementation of a comprehensive system of student supports known as Multi-Tiered Intervention System of Supports (MTSS). Besides the academic areas, the department supports implementation of PBIS or Positive Behavior Intervention Support at all schools. PBIS focuses on the development of a safe and caring learning environment that fosters student engagement and academic success.
Student Services also includes state and federal programs, state and local assessment, counseling and guidance, school nursing, health and prevention education, and parent education programs.
The department coordinates professional development for all teachers and school staff. This includes a teacher mentor program to support teachers new to the profession.
- Meet the Team
- Teaching and Learning, Curriculum and Instruction
- PBISS, CHAMPS, Behavior Support
- Fellows, Mentors
- Highly Capable Program, Title One, Learning Assistance Program, MTSS
- English Language Development
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Early Intervention, Special Education, Section 504
- Student and Family Support Service Program, McKinney-Vento and Foster Care Services, Community Truancy Board